This is one of the HRG Team’s very favorite venues in Sedona, Arizona to get married at! Tlaquepaque has this intimate feel mixed with old world architectural charm and Spanish vibe. It feels like you are in a Spain or Mexican wandering around the stucco walls, ivy dangling, florals blooming, maze of tile work, courtyard patios filled with water fountains and charm everywhere you look. With it being in the center of Sedona you can easily access the Red Rocks for those epic bridal shots in gown and tux with a short drive to Munds Wagon Trailhead or 10 min drive to Baby Bell Rock Trailhead. Along with access to the creek on site if you want some flowing water shots!
Jenna + Josh got married in September of 2022 with their closest family and friends flying from all over the country to meet them in this amazing destination none of them had ever been to before! Due to rain they got married in the Chapel on sight, which is quaint, intimate, and charming. The rain stopped and cleared up for their reception to be held in the courtyard with water fountains flowing, ivy hanging, and immense privacy. Tlaquepaque shops closes at 6:00pm or earlier. Other than a few restaurants scattered around the property, weddings at this venue are very very private.
Casey Green Weddings designed, organized, planned, and ran the entire day from start to finish! Her team is amazing to work with and we HIGHLY suggest hiring her for any of your Sedona weddings.
Information on Tlaquepaque Venue:
Style: Architectural, romantic, intimate space, historical charm
Unique qualities of the venue: old world Spanish architecture, balconies, water features, cobblestone streets and pathways, open patios, Spanish tile work, ivy lined stucco walls, and stung lights. Location: Central Sedona, near downtown Sedona (Uptown)
- Ceremony max guests: 100
- Ceremony locations: 4 different options
- Catering options: Exclusive catering list given
- Alcohol Allowed: Yes, outside is allowed
- Onsite Lodging: No, but very close by within walking distance
- Dog friendly ceremony options
- Address: 336 AZ-179, Sedona, AZ 86336
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (928) 282-4838
Local tips on getting married at Tlaquepaque Arts & Shopping Village in Sedona, Arizona:
1. Hire a wedding planner who knows the area and knows what they are doing. With this location you will need someone on site running the vendors from caters, cake, florals, DJ, and photography day of. Along with ushering guests from different locations to ceremony site, cocktail hour, and reception. Again, we love Casey Green Weddings for this venue!
2.Stay right off property a few feet at Los Abrigados Resort! It’s a very convenient location for bridal party, family, and guests to stay so they only have to walk over from their hotel directly to Tlaquepaque with no shuttles, driving in town, or dealing with traffic in Sedona. Which can be horrible certain months of the year.
3.It can get VERY hot in Sedona during the summer months in Arizona. I suggest April-May then Sept-November to get married at Tlaquepaque. It can start to get cold mid November but other years it is perfection in November with all the changing leaves.
4.Hire a photographer who knows the area and that you trust. Look through their WHOLE website, not just their instagram. Ask to see full galleries and blogs to see how they document family photos, the candid documentary moments, details, and reception with + without flash. If you want more tips on how to choose a wedding photographer please read the blog I wrote on the topic!
Inquire with the HRG Team for your wedding day! We have been located in Flagstaff (just 40 mins north) and shooting in Sedona area for over 10+ years! We know the area like the back of our hand.
Red Rock Locations near by for sunset photos:
I love to keep bridal party + family photos all on site but only take the couple off site for their sunset photos. It’s MUCH easier on everyone involved rather than getting all in cars and driving around town. Also, you want to get the beauty of Tlaquepaque and it’s architecture.
- Munds Wagon Trailhead- 2 min drive from venue
- walk from the parking lot. No hiking. No need to change shoes!
- 360 views of red rocks
- Allot 30 mins for drive + photos
- Bell or Baby Bell Rock- 10 min drive from venue
- 10 min walk up. Definitely will want to change shoes to tennis shoes
- 360 views of red rocks
- Allot 1 hour for drive + photos
- Airport Mesa- 5/7 min drive from venue
- 5 min walk up- may need to change shoes
- 360 views of red rocks
- Parking can be limited. We suggest having someone drop us all off and pick us back up
- Allot 30 mins for drive and photos
We also offer day after sessions with 1 full hour in the red rocks, no stress, no rush and all relaxed!! Sometimes photos for sunset can be stressful due to waiting guests and wanting to be apart of your party. So we offer sunrise and sunset photos the day after or day day after depending on our schedules with weddings!!